Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Downtown with Lindsay and Chris

Chris, Lindsay and Laura lead the way down Lyon towards downtown.  Just four months earlier I strapped on a buzz and my skis and cruised down this very same sidewalk.  I was going to take it down the center of the road but the two feet of fresh snow had just been plowed.  


Laura patiently waits as I lag behind taking pictures

Chris and Lindsay settling in to an evening of stump the mediocre cover band, laughs and bruises.  Actually there were no bruises but there was a bar fight that nearly spilled over into our viewing area.  

Chris learning my favorite bar trick

The beautiful campus of GRCC on the way back up the hill.  It used to be JC for me.  (in Tom Brokaw voice)  Conveniently located close to major transportation arteries, the Gerald R. Ford Fieldhouse is a multi-purpose venue well equipped for banquets, trade shows, small conventions, entertainment and sporting events.  Lets go live to White House correspondent Jim Miklaszewski awaiting.......

Not sure what was going on here



3 comments:

  1. Remember this classic? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2ZKpq5QfDE

    I thought it was from SNL but apparently it was on the Dana Carvey Show. I don't even remember him having a show but his co-stars were Steve Carell, Steven Colbert and Robert Smigel. Just go to Hulu and search his show.

    And check out this clip of the easy to take evening news. The best part is at about 1:45 in. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9CFiTIoUXA&feature=SeriesPlayList&p=94D106650381669B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those clips are great. I like the way they weaved Bob Ross and the Manendez brothers in there.

    ReplyDelete