Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Golf in China

I was lucky enough to play golf while in China.  We left at 6 am Sunday to avoid the heat, which is not possible.  The course we played at was about 4o minutes outside of Nanjing.  It was my first time golfing this year, on the hardest course I have ever played, with clubs I have never used before, and in the presence of our CEO.  

There were many holes like this.  Water everywhere.  Here's Kirk, part of the design team in the UK, teeing off.

We were two foursomes.  Each group had two extended golf carts and two caddies.  The caddies at the club were young ladies who spoke no English.  They were great caddies; mine taught me how to count to 10 in Mandarin.  

There were lots of cool stone bridges on the course.

I've always wanted to play a course with an island green.  This is a view of an island green on a par 3, where I put my tee shot in the drink.  However, that was the first ball I had lost to that point.  I played some super golf.  I managed a 47 on the front and a 54 on the back for a 101.  That put me in second place.  Yes I beat the CEO, but I was not in his group.

2 comments:

  1. Was the caddie counting your score when she taught you to count to 10?

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.idsa.org/IDEA2009/gallery/award_details.asp?ID=39

    nice work hamm

    ReplyDelete