Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!


This was my first true Halloween handing out candy. Perfect trick-or-treating weather made for a heaving flow of sugar crazed super heros. I was expecting this, but was still not prepared. About an hour in, it was apparent that I needed to head to the store to replenish my supplies. Laura was at the door with about 10 pieces left when I returned with 4 more bags. That lasted about a half hour then we hit the lights and hid.

For the record

Best Candy: there was an unexpected run on gummy bears. I figured I would have those at work this week.

Best Costume: the little boy with the red cardboard Lego costume. He could hardly make it up the steps and struggled to grab his candy, but he looked good.

Best Idea: Next year Dudes and Nat are both Legos with smaller legos (Eloise and George) attached to them. You could all get stuck together for a family photo

3 comments:

  1. ha! how about we take it one step further and be tetris pieces? maybe maize could join us and be the long straight horizontal piece. i won't even mention how andrew and i could fit together.

    we were thinking about you and your first halloween in your new house. sounds like a success, minus the shameful candy planning. my parents went through 1300 tootsie pops before turning off their lights. sheesh, those egr kids must have a lot of cavities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many pieces of candy do you give out per kid? I usually like to say take 2 or 3...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say that less than half of the kids were from EGR.

    I didn't say anything at first, but quickly had to tell them to take one.

    ReplyDelete