Sunday, June 14, 2009

Derek Trucks Band - Meijer Gardens

Frederik Meijer Gardens is one of my favorite places to catch some summer music. It's a very laid back venue nestled in the center of a huge sculpture garden. Last week Todd, Kim, Laura and I returned to see the Derek Trucks Band there for the second time.

The views are great no matter where you sit.  This year we were up near the top of the small stepped hill, but we could have plopped ourselves right in front of the stage if we wanted to sit on concrete.
Todd, Kim, JP and Laura in Laura's first attempt at a self portrait.  Pretty good!
This is the view from the bathroom and concession area.  The walkway leads you right in front of the stage as you walk back to your seat.  A few years ago, I wore a skin tight lavender Willie Nelson t-shirt from the 80's to see Willie.  As I walked right past the stage, Willie noticed my fantastic old shirt and gave me a point in the middle of a song.  I raised my beer to him and continued on.  
Laura and I watched from the front for a few songs.
the view from the stage



Here is a vid of me waking pas the stage.


vid from up front, unfortunately my battery ran out in the middle.

2 comments:

  1. Looks super... So are you going to see the Avett Bros? Molly B and I would totally be there if it was on the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gnar. I like how there are flowers in front of the stage.

    ReplyDelete