Monday, June 8, 2009

R.T. Brown and Rich Rodriguez

Tonight Dr. Dave and I joined Dr. Davidson and many others for a University of Michigan Alumni function at Kent Country Club.  It was a great night culminating in a fine speech by head football coach Rich Rodriquez.  However, the best moment came a bit earlier as local legend R.T. Brown was accepted an award for his lifelong dedication to Michigan.   As his good friend introduced him, telling stories of his years as Hockey manager of the 1955 national champions, one of the stars of that team came forward for a special reunion.  The two had not seen each other since 1955 and exchanged a long embrace.  Later the former player produced his jersey from that season which was torn and tattered and asked R.T. how he could let that happen.  That would be like me bumping into someone I hadn't seen since 22 years before my birth and exchanging stories.  

Here is a brief clip of Coach Rodriquez.  I thought he did a great job and seems like a good guy, but I am pretty sure he gives this speech about 50 times a year.


3 comments:

  1. I love Dr. Dave's laugh, which can be heard as RR tells his jokes.

    If MBD went to this do you think he would have booed DickRod during his speech?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a dream last night I was at a Michigan football game in the updated stadium.

    I had a dream last night but I forgot what it was.

    ReplyDelete