Monday, July 27, 2009

4th of July Weekend

I am way behind on my blogging so I am going to keep the words to a minimum. Laura and I spent a long holiday weekend up north and at home. We spent a night at Grand Traverse Resort and a couple days playing up and down the gorgeous coast of northern Michigan. Sleeping Bear Dunes was just as amazing as it was in 6th grade at Camp Hayowenta. The weather was in the 50's and 60's but perfect for hiking dunes.

We returned to celebrate the 4th with the whole family (Hamm - Walker Freeman). It was a bit chilly but Eloise, Andrew and I enjoyed a dip and took some time to smell the flowers.














4 comments:

  1. yeah...a new post! love the traverse photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made sure to put some animal pictures in there for Elle. I left out the ducks though, I bet she would have liked those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot about the resplendent grandeur of the mighty Sleeping Bear Dunes. A landscape such as that, sculpted by grinding ice, crashing waves, stinging wind and the powerful hands of time, doth beseech and entreat a wanting soul to explore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Real nice snaps Jon... Real nice....

    ReplyDelete