Saturday, July 4, 2009

Ernie Harwell, baseball and the 4th of July... and hot dogs


As I sit here watching Joey Chestnut's attempt to defend his hot dog eating title, I would like to tell you all about a tribute I saw on TV just moments ago.  Ernie Harwell relived his fondest memory of one of my childhood favorite baseball players, Tom Brookens.  As he introduced the segment, Ernie referred to Brookens as the Pennsylvania Poker.  You can always count on Ernie for a good moniker and a good smile.  

5 comments:

  1. Let's get the band back together. Ladies and gentleman, I give you "Tom Brookens' Mustache".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's get some Asian content in here JP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's get this show on the road. I have not seen a single picture of your trip to China yet!!! You're driving me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to throw a fit if I look at Tom Brookens one more time...

    ReplyDelete