Saturday, May 16, 2009

Belknap Hill


Laura and I rode our bikes north to Belknap Hill for a little spring exercise a few weeks ago.  It's one of my favorite spots in the city with great views South, West and North.

As the hill stretches north from the city, there are a bunch of neglected stairways that lead to the river valley below.   What happened that people just stopped using them?  The Grand River is Graps best aspect yet it is completely ignored by the majority of it's residents.



There are a bunch of steep bike paths straight down the northern face that I had never noticed before.  I am pretty sure there is more vert there than Cannonsburg.  I am planning to take some ski runs there this winter, who's with me?

The ride down is fun, up, not so much.

Here is a video looking South into Graps showing the impressive medical expansion.

6 comments:

  1. I saw some kids necking up there one time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how do you get to the top of belknap hill?

    ReplyDelete
  3. you should be wearing a helmet, next time you go out on a bike ride give me and linds a shout

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a very pleasant and wee rounded blog post.

    ReplyDelete