Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Esto es un robo!



Hossa got hosed! They announcer says that the whistle blows before the puck is in the net, but this video proves it does not. I did not catch the final period last night so I am not sure how this all went down. I am guessing that there was no review because the refs claimed they blew the play dead before the puck crossed the line. If they reviewed this, they would have clearly seen that the puck was in before the whistle, and called it a goal. What gives? Then to top it off, the NHL issues a statement that no mistakes were made by the refs. This reminds me of the Big Ten officials always saying calls made in favor of Michigan were mistakes. Maybe this will get the Wings to play a good game or 11.

We just need Zetterburg and Datsyk to act like these guys....

3 comments:

  1. Thanks. Now I am angry all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked the rules after the game and I think the call was technically correct. It only matters that the referee had decided to blow the play dead, not when the whistle was actually blown. Dumb rule and he never should be blowing things dead that quickly.

    And what is with Pronger messing with Datsyuk after every play (and at the end of the game). It is one thing to get in a player's face if they are messing with your goalie, but at some point you should get a penalty for constantly punching someone after the play. I hope the Kroner or Helm smush Pronger's face into the glass. Proger is such a gorper. I hate him...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still not sure how you can have a rule like that. If you tell the refs to wait a bit on that kind of call then review afterwards, they can wave off the goal if it was pinned too long. Any way you look at it, that was a terrible call

    ReplyDelete